what am I doing wrong ?

D

didgit

I have connected my sony DAVS-550 to my Sony KD32DX40 with a s-video to scart cable (s-video out to scart 2) but my picture is in black and white ?? what am I doing wrong ? please help

Only guessing as I have the fx68,does the AV2 support S- video input as this is av3 on mine. Probably irrevelant but no one else seems to be trying
cheers

I believe it does I'll double check though...
any other suggestion ?

I have a DAVS888 using s-video through extension 3 on my old toshiba tv, I had to change extension 3 to s-video to stop the black and white picture.

Colin.

I did not know I could change the setting of the TV's scart ? I've looked at the menu on the TV and it's very basic appart from renaming the extension does not look like I can change anything else. or maybe I'm doing something lese wrong....
HELP

Has the tv not got a dedicated S-video input you could try, Is the 550 set to S-video as it also has component I think? Again going by the fx 68 you can only rename the scarts.

jaymac said:
Has the tv not got a dedicated S-video input you could try, Is the 550 set to S-video as it also has component I think? Again going by the fx 68 you can only rename the scarts.

The DAVS888 has a switch on the back for interlaced and progressive scan but I won't make a difference unless you are using component cables. Daft question,but have you looked at the manual. If you don't have it, try the sony website because I got the Toshiba manual in PDF form from the Toshiba site.

I'ts worth a try.

Colin.

all you have to do, is switch input modes on your TV, as a SCART input has two settings composite and S-video, selecting composite will more than likely result in B&W picture using s-video, change the input to s-video and you'll have a colour picture!

anyone one know how to switch input mode on my TV ? I've looked at the manual but can't find anything about switching mide :(

I wouldn't think you could switch modes you dont have to switch/select between composite and rgb do you?.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom