1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I doing wrong transfering tracks to MP3 player??

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by brad123, Dec 26, 2004.

1. brad123

brad123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I bought my mum a Monolith MP3 player, I also bought her some albums which i succesfuly put onto the pc for her in folders, now when i drag and drop the folders onto the MP3 player they appear fine on there but when i go to play the tracks the are only 1 second long then it goes onto the next track.

Its as if theres nothing theres theres no music or sound, I spent hours yesterday playing around and reading the book and I followed the guidelines ok.

The tracks have gone onto the player as .wma files which the player is ok with.

Anyone any ideas.

2. brad123

brad123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Im using windows media player.

3. john.hem

john.hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Do the music files play on the computer, if so then the following may be the problem. When you ripped the files from CD with Windows Media Player, did you choose to remove the copy protection on windows media? If you didn't you can only play the files on the computer that they were ripped on! I don't know if this is your problem but it may be worth checking. Follow this link for further information.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/faq.aspx#11_1

John :)

4. brad123

brad123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    OK which FREE software will be easy for my mum to use to rip music off her cd's in mp3 format so she can easily drag and drop or copy nd paste onto her monolith please.

Has to be free and eas as my mums no wizard.

She has record now DX but i dont think you can do that with it can you.

I also have music match on a cd that came with my nike mp3 player.

Thanks

5. john.hem

john.hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
  6. brad123

brad123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Ah it works now ok, unticked the copy protect option, only thing is how do you get track names and song titles on there, do these have to be put in manually please or is thre some automatic way of having the tracks as there song title.

7. john.hem

john.hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Hi, just use Media player to rip your CD's as normal now you've removed the copy protection, all the album and track info will be stored as well. It will store the albums in: C:\Documents and Settings\……………..\My Documents\My Music. Or select ‘ Start’ then ‘My Music’. If your Mp3 player is seen as drive, just drag and drop from the 'My Music' file to your MP3 player drive. Or you can use Windows Media player to Synchronise with your MP3 Player if it recognises it! If you’re using the first option don’t drag the album as a whole. Open the album first and drag all the MP3 files together, if you want, to the player. Most flash player I’ve seen doesn’t give you the option to select the album only, just individual tracks. I hope this helps and makes sense as I’ve just got up!

John :thumbsup: