1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am i doing wrong?? please help me somebody.....Laptop to Viera

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lee-s, May 27, 2005.

1. lee-s

lee-s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok ive had my Viera for abt 6 months and thought i'd have another go at getting my laptop connected to it, again without any joy :mad:

no idea what the fudge im doing wrong, can somebody just clarify what ive tried as right or wrong please!

ok...

Dell laptop VGA out (nicked the lead from my desktop so i know its ok) to VGA in on the front of the Viera.

control panel > display > settings > select monitor 2 (is this right??) > tick extend Windows onto this monitor > apply > advanced > then i run into probs... when i go into displays in advanced it only shows the monitor as an option but not the tv, is this the problem?? if so how can i enable it, if atall??

initially i connected laptop to desktop screen to make sure all was ok, which it was... soooo took laptop into front room, connected Viera via the VGA lead, selected AV3/PC and NOTHING?!??

what on earth am i doing (or not doing) wrong?

ive done some searching and most ppl seem to just hook up the pc and away they go??

ANY help would be a lifesaver!

:lease: