What affordable dual HDMI output 3D player?

Drongo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

A friend of mine will be buying a 3D tv in the near future. His Onkyo AVR will not pass through 3D; so he is looking for an affordable (i.e. non Oppo!) dual HDMI output 3D capable BD player.

The icing on the cake would be if it was (or could be converted to) multi region/zone playback for DVD and BD's.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Pioneer BDP 450. Still a few around at 170 if he's quick. Lot of performance for the money. It was my previous main player but I replaced it with an oppo.

Thank you both - much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Are either of those players available as, or can be converted to, multi region/zone players?

Cheers.

Thank you both - much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Are either of those players available as, or can be converted to, multi region/zone players?

Cheers.

The situation is different for DVD and Blu-ray.

Many players can be made DVD multi region by a simple remote control hack. Blu-ray requires a hardware mod (though many blu-rays aren't region locked at all).

Search Movies

I suggest you ring Richer Sounds and ask. Unlike the likes of Currys/PC World etc the sales staff do actually know what they are selling.

The situation is different for DVD and Blu-ray.

Many players can be made DVD multi region by a simple remote control hack. Blu-ray requires a hardware mod (though many blu-rays aren't region locked at all).

Search Movies

I suggest you ring Richer Sounds and ask. Unlike the likes of Currys/PC World etc the sales staff do actually know what they are selling.

Thanks Graham; good suggestion :thumbsup:

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Looks like there are two options there; the Panasonic DMP-BDT460 and Pioneer BDP-450.

I'll pass the info on.

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom