What adaptor can I use

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by maxpower, Apr 25, 2007.

1. maxpower

maxpower
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to connect a LCD Monitor to a Music keyboard to show a display of what is being played (It has a facility to show Karaoke, notation etc. on a TV.)
    The problem is the output from the Keyboard is by Phono and the input to the monitor is by 15 pin D Plug. Is there any way I can use an adaptor or convertor to connect the two.

2. Synchro

Synchro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,537
    I suspect that the phono plug is only outputting sound? The sound of your keyboard? I suspect that it will not work.

3. maxpower

maxpower
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, it does take video to a TV I can use it as such, but it uses Video out with NTSC/PAL by means of a single phono type cable to a Phono type input on TV. But the monitor only has 5 Pin D Plug. Not looking for sound only Video disply, the keyboard has an integral LCD Display but its only 5" in size and the 15" LCD Monitor would be more useful.

4. spuddler

spuddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi,looks like composite ie normally you get yellow vid & red & white stereo audio,some TV's have these connections(for use with camcorders etc).D-Sub is VGA so RGB,so you would i think need some type of converter Box.Or go through a PC(or maybe Xbox etc,i havn't got one?) if it as composite input ie yellow,red,white.

Cheers BOB

ps just thought don't know if Xbox etc can connect to a monitor DOH