What adapter to use for Sony Pro Duo Memory Stick

Panonut

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to post--let me know. I have a new HP Laptop17t 300 Envy Notebook Product #8YK40AV. It comes with what HP calls an "SD memory reader." I regularly use a Sony Handy Cam that uses the Memory Stick Pro Duo. The HP's slot is too large. My question is: what type adaptor can I use . (Pro duo is smaller than a regular SD card). I have searched high and low for an adapter but no luck. Any help appreciated.
Frank

Sony memory sticks are a dead tech.

SD cards are the industry wide standard used on PC's cameras and phones.

Look on eBay and you will find USB PC readers for Sony memory stick pro duo or the better option is get this adapter if it works with your camera it will allow you to use regular SD cards instead of the sony specific memory stick so it would be easier to transfer data between PC and camera.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Not sure what you are looking for but amazon has plenty of multi format card readers including memory stick duo that will plug into the USB socket of your laptop.

Amazon product ASIN B00GO75XTG

Sony memory sticks are a dead tech.

SD cards are the industry wide standard used on PC's cameras and phones.

Look on eBay and you will find USB PC readers for Sony memory stick pro duo or the better option is get this adapter if it works with your camera it will allow you to use regular SD cards instead of the sony specific memory stick so it would be easier to transfer data between PC and camera.
Thank you Next010, great tip. FH

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Not sure what you are looking for but amazon has plenty of multi format card readers including memory stick duo that will plug into the USB socket of your laptop.

Amazon product ASIN B00GO75XTG
Thanks for replying, Oneman--I was looking for a single adapter that would plug directly in the SD reader on my HP. I think I found one based on another response. Thanks again. FH

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom