What acts of kindness have you experienced

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Steve N, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,385
  2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    hmm....

well, my nephew was very well behaved for once, normally he gets way too excited coming over here and consequently acts up and things get a little awkward as his parents (my sister and her fiance) have to get him in order.....but today he was a perfect gem, thumbs up to the little guy for realising the spirit of xmas!

oh, bloke in sainsburys on the till being a star and getting folks through quickly as he could whilst still being friendly and polite all the way.....another thumbs up far as i'm concerned....

3. lisa burrell

lisa burrell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend told us over Christmas of The Chap Who bought himself a huge Yamaha V max motorcycle . Took it for a blast through the new forest. He described how he was going down the dip in the Forrest at over 100 mph when in the distance an Breakdown patrol traveling in the same direction gently pulled out to slow his on coming bike right down. The guy at the time thought What the **** going on.. then to his surprise About a quarter of a mile in front was a police car.

He thought what a thoughtful nice people In That organization

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    I think it would have been more of an act of kindness for him ,his family and possibly more people if they had let him shoot past the police car and they had collared him .

5. gus607

gus607

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    The people who helped & looked after my daughter last week when she tripped over in the local shopping center car park.
    My daughter knew she had broken her leg before she hit the ground, she heard it break ! Several people stayed with her until the ambulance arrived offering words of comfort etc.
    To these people & other good Samaritans my sincerest thanks to you all.

6. sinizterguy

sinizterguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    And I suppose you follow every single speed limit - and dont ever do 31 in a 30 zone ?

Person who helped me find the right connection after calling National Rail Enquiries on their phone and finding out for me which route and trains to take - as I was completely confused after going to a new place, where I had missed my connection and most trains were hopelessly late. Things like that would never happen in London.

7. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,664
    My 6 year old son, who when we were setting up the Wii (his main XMAS present) yesterday told me "Daddy, because I love you so much this is yours too". :) I thought that was a great act of sharing & kindness from one so young.

8. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484

I'm sure that if you think about it you can see there is a slight difference between doing 31 in a 30 zone and 100 through a forest

9. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    aww that's cute!

10. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    My mates - I thank god for them every day! I have a group of close friends who have helped me through all the bad times. They listen, make me laugh, put up with all the stupid things I've done, come out with sensible (and plain stupid!) advice, we get drunk together, have worked together and I just don't know what I would do without them. They've supported me through 2 marriages, losing a child, being made redundant and living in an area far away from my family. As an only child I don't know what I would do without them.

Now let me go back to Pretty Woman on ITV, my bottle of port and my gingerbread men :D