What accessories for your s4

sparkie1984

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on getting?

I need advice on a 32gb memory card and a case that's minimal and would fit on a Brodit holder (when they're made)

Anyone else feel free to time chime in with what you have

As well as the S View Samsung case I will be getting a 32 GB card as well. Are they micro SD Cards?

As well as the S View Samsung case I will be getting a 32 GB card as well. Are they micro SD Cards?

I think so,

I'm not sure about all this "class" of card malarkey, some say class 10, some say class 4 etc

Surely these dont need the most expensive type?

I ain't sure if it will matter if it is class 6 or 10. Can anybody shed any light on the subject before I order one

I have a Spigen SGP Slim Armor on order (Infinity White).

Got a Spigen Invisible Shield full body protection waiting here for the phone.

Might order a leather folio type case at a later stage once more types ate available.

As for the memory card query, a class 10 will be fine. £40 on amazon for a SanDisk 64GB one, seems good value.

Tony

Speed Class Rating

32 GB SDHC card
The SD Association defines standard speed classes indicating minimum performance to record video. Both read and write speeds must exceed the specified value. These are defined in terms of suitability for different applications:[40]
Class 2 for SD video recording
Class 4 and 6 for high-definition video (HD) to Full HD video recording,
Class 10 for Full HD video recording and consecutive recording of HD stills
UHS Speed Class 1 for real-time broadcasts and large HD video files
The specification defines these classes in terms of performance curves that translate into the following minimum read-write performance levels on an empty card:[41]
Class Minimum performance
Class 2 2 MB/sec
Class 4 4 MB/sec
Class 6 6 MB/sec
Class 10 10 MB/sec
Speed Classes 2, 4, and 6 assert that the card supports the respective number of megabytes per second as a minimum sustained write speed for a card in a fragmented state. Class 10 asserts that the card supports 10 MB/s as a minimum non-fragmented sequential write speed.[41] By comparison, the older "×" rating measured maximum speed under ideal conditions, and was vague as to whether this was read speed or write speed

Last edited:
Wikipedia has the class explanation, class 10 is for full hd recording and stills. It's all about the speed it can handle things.

See above post.

Last edited:
Just seen the class 10 Samsung 32gb Micro SD card online for £18.99 so I think I'll go for that one

I've just ordered some NFC tags to try out from amazon.

Will post how they are when the phone arrives (praying for Saturday)

Brodit AB
Gesällvägen 8
546 34 Karlsborg

Phone 0505-10900
Fax 0505-44572
E-mail [email protected]

Not sure, that's their info!

I've sent them an email so find out soon I guess

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back