What about this setup? (help please!)

J

John_l

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I've been doing some researching around the net for about 3 weeks now. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this setup.

The room I will have this setup in will be about 14 ft X 12 ft.

Amp/Receiver - Denon AVR-2802

Mains - B&W 601 S3
Centre - B&W LCR 60 S3
Rears - B&W 600 S3

I will hold off on buying a sub-woofer until I have settled into a 5.0 setup.

I will be using the setup as 60% DVDs and 40% music. I think the speakers and receiver will produce enough volume for the room. If someone could confirm this I would be greatful.

Also, are these speakers and reciever a good combination? Also is the receiver overkill for the speakers or vice-versa? These speakers/receiver meet my budget nicely. Am I getting good bang for my bucks with this choice.

Thankyou in advance for any advice that anyone has. I actually trust the opinions of people in forums like these much more that I would trust what you average salesman says.

Regards,

John

S

StJonno

i have a 2802 and im really happy with it, ive not heard anyone say a bad word about this range of receivers

ReTrO

If your budget will stretch run a second pair of 601's for the surrounds. This way you will get a more balanced sound field. Then it may be worth looking at a 3rd rear surround using a 601 also.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom