1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what about this as a match u lovely peeps

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gil2, May 2, 2005.

1. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    YAMAHA RXV450 and the canton cd1`s with an added canton as a 6th speaker at the rear , i`m led to believe the yam supports the 6th speaker

moved my questions to hear as chedmaster has been helping brilliantly in my other threads , but as i`m now deciding on speakers this section is more appropriate

also guys does the 6th speaker at the rear have to be inline with the other 2 rears , i`m thinking of wall mounting it above a door but it would be maybe 7-8 feet further back from the other 2 rears , is there a seperate volume setting for each channel with the yam , if not then i`m gona have to think about a stand for the centre rear , which wont please my asthetics guru ( wife)

:D actually i`m getting quite excited now coz she`s sorta is going for it , which is a bonus , we usually argue like crazy on this sorta stuff , she hates speakers but the cantons look good and she agrees :eek:

2. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahhh i`m itchin to spend before she changes her mind guys , what ya rekon what ya rekon :) ooohh its killin me

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    i have that combo and to my mind it's great....don't have the 6th speaker but you are correct that the yammy supports it.....its a good over all package and real good value for money IMHO

4. oconnpad

oconnpad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Gil can't help on the AMP but for the speakers you ideally want your rear centre speaker head height while sitting and your surrounds on the side walls.

If you where to draw a line through you ears and onto the wall is the ideal position.

Also for surrounds it's recommend you mount them about 5 ft high and slightly pointing down at your seat position.

These are the ideal positions but not always possible when your room is used for other stuff as well.

5. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    i am here gil but ive run out of advice for you! im sure that system would work brilliantly, so, buy it!

6. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys and especialy chedmaster , ya been very patient m8 and i appreciate that , will let ya know how i get on

woman there so ...so...so damned awkward , all i said was lets change the room around , get rid of the fire and middle ceiling lights , have down lighters inset into the ceiling and a overhead projector and screen , then redec in a complimentary odeon style .......she never went for it , can u believe it , phugh ....women