1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about the Tannoy Revolution 15 sub?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by JIT, Apr 18, 2002.

1. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Is this sub worth having to match my Revolution range or should I just go for another make? Would a sub from another manufacturer (not Tannoy) sound ok with my Tannoy Revolution R3's, R1's and RC?

2. robh2002

robh2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Having looked at the Tannoy web site, it doesn't look like a great sub to me (-6Db at 25Hz - amongst other specifications). Depending on the price, I'd say there are plenty of other potentially better subs out there.

I do not believe that it is that so important to match subs with their respecive manufacturers speakers. The frequencies that a subs output are too low to be of any importance compared to obtaining the same character between L/R and centre speakers. What is far more important is how a subs will allow you to blend the frequency response to your main speakers better than others - with RELs generally being regarded as one of the best.

Listen to a number of subs - then decide! I went through about 10 subs before choosing.

Rob.