What about second hand?

p203557

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

There are countless threads on here about people going for a pwd8 (especially with the new av-sales price). Many people seem to choose this panel for its great SD performance and are 'sitting out' whilst HD becomes established. I too was all set to go for this panel and then I started closely following the classifieds here.

There have recently been a few pwd6's and 7's for sale. I managed to get a pwd6 with about 1500 hours of use for £700. The comparable price for a pwd8 with the same boards etc was about £1200 so I saved about £500. As this is intended for SD use until HD settles and prices come down to what I consider sensible I'm delighted with it.

I'd urge people to be very careful and to buy from fellow enthusiasts on this forum. Be careful with ebay and do your research. BUT if you are buying a panel for SD use whilst waiting a couple of years for HD to be established don't necessarily ignore the second hand option. You can learn most of what you need to on this forum and I've found the advice I've been given very useful.

That said I know some people are prepared to pay that bit extra for the latest model or for the guarantee of buying new but for others like me if money is a bit tight there are good deals out there.

Richard :D

I also bought a 2nd hand screen , and couldnt be more happy with it
the screen I got is a Pio 50MXE1 demo unit which had 300 hours on it, which i bought through Ebay from a german seller for 2800 euro (£1650) and it took me 10 hours travel total to pick it up. it came with all original boxes, stands, manuals and the 5004 board.

as the seller is a pioneer dealer i got 22 months of waranty with the screen (verified w/ Pioneer europe first!) and an invoice.

the seller offered to ship the screen to me for £80 but i wanted to check the screen out in person before handing over the cash ! :)

Rgds
-Rene

p203557 said:
There have recently been a few pwd6's and 7's for sale. I managed to get a pwd6 with about 1500 hours of use for £700. The comparable price for a pwd8 with the same boards etc was about £1200 so I saved about £500. As this is intended for SD use until HD settles and prices come down to what I consider sensible I'm delighted with it.

Richard :D

Glad you are happy with it :)

Gary A

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom