1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about Pioneer VSX-AX5i-S?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Karl 27, Jan 1, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Karl 27

Karl 27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,
    This is my first post! Next year in moving to my new house, I will switch to home theater (having an allocated room), after years of Hi-fi stereo pumped out from my Marantz 170DC/3250B; which delivered an outstanding performance in audio listening.
    My focus is on the Pioneer VSX-AX5i-S, or its replacemnt in 2005. Its DIN power output is 100W x 7. What is its equivalent in RMS?

However, my real concerns are that, apart from the fact that I have no doubt on the movie performance of this receiver, will loos the qualities I was used to with the Marantz in hi-fi stereo music output. With this I mean real clear sound and excellent quality music. I`m more a music freak than a movie freak, but would like to switch to surround systems, which are the way to go nowadays. Does any Pioneer owner share his experience in music output of this receiver?
    My other thoughts, are on what speaker will brilliantly match the Pioneer. What about Mission speakers?

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Pioneer delivers 105 watts RMS per channel with five channels driven, if this helps.

3. Karl 27

Karl 27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How come it has more rms than DIN?