• I used to use Beta

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Never bothered with Beta

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

MartinImber

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok here is a little poll, I am curious about the groups attitude to Beta, I expect many older members used it.

I still see Beta as a viable tape format. There must be many of us who have considerable libraries of Beta tapes. IMHO Beta still knocks the spots off VHS and Superbeta trashes SVHS. More to the point the tapes seem to outlast VHS. My 20 year old Betas look better than 10 year old VHSs not very scientific I know but does anyone else have similar experience?

Originally posted by Dubbing Mixer
I still see Beta as a viable tape format. There must be many of us who have considerable libraries of Beta tapes. IMHO Beta still knocks the spots off VHS and Superbeta trashes SVHS. More to the point the tapes seem to outlast VHS. My 20 year old Betas look better than 10 year old VHSs not very scientific I know but does anyone else have similar experience?
Agreed, wholeheartedly. It was with real regret that, a few years ago, I decided to consign by SLHF950 to an upstair cupboard.

Interesting results,

Someone wants to try a deck - watch the classifieds and the car boot sales

4 youngsters though:p

Does any one know if they repair beta’s these days?

5 youngsters now

repairs - depends what model.

Try a local established company - if they have been around a while they will know what to do

Sony C7

C7 may have problems getting bits - but what is the problem.

Also may be dry capacitors - common fault with 20 Y/O vcrs

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom