1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what a/v amplifier? yamaha or sony

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by theof, Dec 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. theof

theof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Everyone.
    I'm thinking of buing one of the following amps. Yamaha RXV350,(5.1), Yamaha RXV 450(6.1), or Sony 597(6.1). I have a Sony DVD/SACD DVPNS 700 player, A Sony minidisk deck and i'm currently using an.....hmm...well,an antique amp. by sony. i'm listening mostly to jazz and movie soundtracks and i just love treble.Which one of the following models you think will have better sound quality and better responce to higher frequencies? thanks!!!!

2. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well from my experience I find that Yamaha tends to be better with movies than music. I listen to alot fo music but its alternative with lots of bass. I had a sony before I went to the yamaha 640 then to the 1500 i have now. U didn't mention what speakers u will be using with those amps. I find Yamaha does an excellent job for my music tastes but like I said..more bass the better.

3. theof

theof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well you're right!! i did forget to mention the speakers. Pair of pioneer 80w. (for now at least.)thanks!!!!!

4. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are u able to take your speakers to the shop and have a listen to them on those amps. Thats the best way for your ears to make its decision?

5. MagicBoy

MagicBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Forget the Sony STR-DE series, IMO they lack substance and power. Can you stretch to an STR-DB795 ? - far superior and only £30-40 more if you shop around.