what a steaming pile of **** 070H is

offitmassive

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As per title, firmware 070H is for Crucial M4 SSD is shocking. Ive just come close to hitting it with a hammer, and selling on fleabay for spares or repairs.

Hanging every 2 or 3 mins, yet all software says its ok..well i guess it is. Ive just about managed to burn an iso with 0309 on, limped over the "disc finished burning" line less than a minute took about 4! So im giving crucial one last chance. Theyve told me to make sure hdd doesnt turn off ( it never does as im on high performance power setting, and ive tried the garbage collection thing they said, and ive even thought about doing a 2nd rma, and selling it new on here and seeing if anybody else has more luck.. was gonna revert back to a mechanical hdd.

fingers crossed

rant over

Nope, it's still a steaming pile. Anybody have a good history with crucial m4 and care to enlighten me what could be my issue?

Lolz, my actual issue is the 1.5tb wd green Hdd connected to it. Disconnected it as had warnings it was failing, without it, it runs sweet. Didn't think it would be the cause, but I'm holding my breath waiting for another crash

When you installed it, did you do a clean install with only the ssd connected or did you move your OS across from a hard drive?

I have the 60gb m4 and just updated to 070h, I have had slighty bettet performance. Start up time is slighty faster and over all performance feels slighty faster. Where I have noticed it a lot faster is in shutdown, its a good 2secs quicker after the upgrade. I have had no problems with my m4, im using it on a z77 mobo, i5 and win7.
Cheers

When you installed it, did you do a clean install with only the ssd connected or did you move your OS across from a hard drive?

It was a fresh clean install with only ssd connected ahci mode. When all done I connected my 2nd Hdd and was ok for a bit and started noticing random freezes, thinking it was my ssd, now it locks up when ever Hdd is accessed to even copy files to another Hdd.

I have the 60gb m4 and just updated to 070h, I have had slighty bettet performance. Start up time is slighty faster and over all performance feels slighty faster. Where I have noticed it a lot faster is in shutdown, its a good 2secs quicker after the upgrade. I have had no problems with my m4, im using it on a z77 mobo, i5 and win7.
Cheers

No issues with it freezing on you? I have win 7 also.

No issues with it freezing on you? I have win 7 also.

Defo no issues with freezing, i have had issues with SATA cables and the MOBO SATA port connector but not on the M4. Try swapping cable or port?
make sure you have the latest chipset driver or storage controller drive installed?

Cheers

Well since I've disconnected the Hdd it seems to be fine. I was thinking of new sata cables anyway cuz I'm wanting to get a new case and may need longer ones to enable cable management. I've checked for driver updates and nothing found. Running latest firmware in my gigabyte mobo m770t ud3p

Check your bios is upto date, if after all the previous dont work its either the drive or the OS causing the drive to go faulty.

bios is up to date being f12, since the hdd has been disconnected it has been fine and dandy, even upgraded my m4 back up to 070H with a forced iso upgrade, so far its fine. jeez, would have though the 1.5 tb wd green hdd would have been ok!!! but lost access to all my files on there though....

So can you suggest a more appropriate title for this thread now? ;)

Haha I should do, I'm not at my pc at the mo, tried a different sata port with same issues, unless the cable is faulty which I don't think it is, it's a faulty Hdd which has already been rma'd by wd

So performance-wise, how's the ssd?

It's the 1st ssd I've had, I boot up win 7 64 bit in about 15 seconds. When I 1st powered up I actually laughed at how quick it is. But can't compare it to other ssds available unfortunately

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom