• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What a nightmare trying to choose a TV!

C-Box

Standard Member
I need help here anyone!

I have started looking for the best 37 to 40 inch LCD or Plasma TV and the choice is just incredible. I need something that will work well with a PS3 and Sky HD for around £600. I'm not sure if 50hz is ok or 100hz is the right choice and deciding on LCD or Plasma? I keep getting told 100hz is the future and that plasma's are useless in a bright room!!

I would really appreciate some advice with this as the Mrs has given me a small window of oppertunity to buy it.

Kind regards

vickster

Distinguished Member
Moved to 'which LCD' forum

100hz only if you watch fast sport like football

Plasma, better for Standard def, given your uses, you may be better with LCD (although it has good response times for games and excellent motion handling)

Look at the (in no specific order)

Sony 40 V5500 (not 100hz) (or the 37 if cannot stretch budget)

Toshiba 37 or 42 XV635 (£100 cashback if buy from certain retailers like Amazon)

LG 37 or 42 LH 3000/4000/5000/7000 (100hz depending on model/budget) (good for gaming, but less so for TV than the Sony)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom