1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a let down

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by IanB, Mar 4, 2002.

1. IanB

IanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the X Men on Saturday night, I'd been teasing myself with the extras, by watching snipits when I had 5 mins in the week. So Saturday night, lights off, feet up movie on.

What a let down!

Great cast, good special effects, but what happened to the story? The whole film is like a pilot to a TV series. I'm all for leaving the end open for a sequel but there's open and then there's O P E N !

It had some funny moments, the best of which was when Wolverine retracted all but one of his blades giving Cyclops the bird, but even this comic moment couldn't lift the disappointment of when the motor home blew up with no sofa shaking explosion, and the similarity to Thunderbirds was just too great when the jet took off from under the grounds.

And come on... ERIC? Is Eric really the name most suitable name for the worlds most bad ass MF (Mutant Foe).

I was disappointed, so much so I feel like selling the disk.

Anybody else had any real let downs with their eagerly awaited films?

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    A few months ago I bought Spawn after hearing a lot of praise for it but I couldnt wait for it to end, same can be said for Brazil, it was like toture all the way through to the end. The opposite can be said for Jurrasic park 3. I expected this to be a complete tosh like the second one, but it turns out to be a quite entertaing film.