What a great gaming year, thanks Microsoft...

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Spit, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Spit

Spit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Its the 2nd xmas with the 360 now. I used to be an avid PC gamer upgrading all the time as I am a graphics ho, but since I got my 360 last xmas I havnt played a game on my PC or upgraded it. Over the last year I have played such delights as PGR3, Kameo, Dead or Alive 4, Saints Row, Tiger Woods, Call of Duty 2 etc but the best thing for me was Oblivion. I have played and loved this game with 100 hours playtime, my PC could not run it and I have been playing it on my 40" TV, awesome. What would I have had to invest to play otherwise! (I played Morrowind to death)

Then today I get Gears of War, Call of Duty 3 and Viva Pinata, this machine just gets better and better :D thanks Microsoft for a great gaming year with minimal cash layout!

I will not be investing in a PS3, not because I dislike Sony (I just got a 40" x series TV) , I just do not see the point. If the machines had come out at the same time I might just have been swayed by the PS3, but hey, they didnt.

Heres here for 2007...

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,177
    Always good to read a story of another satisfied 360 owner. And with some potentially even better games to be released next year thing can get even better

3. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    ive only had my 360 for less than a month but i agree the games are brilliant! Gears of War gets more and more amazing as i play through it and online is excellent, ive still got COD2, Perfect Dark and Kameo to get through but at the mo GOW and Smackdown vs Raw get most of my time....and theres still the newbies like COD3 and Rainbow Six Vegas!

4. Mattk84

Mattk84
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I still want to play games on my pc as well but was it just me or was 2006 a very poor year for pc gaming ? are they all hanging back for vista and MS Live'esque functionality ?

5. LBP.Nxe

LBP.Nxe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +255
    Agreed, there really wasn't anything worth waiting for on the PC front this year... perhaps HL2:EP2 if you like the franchise but then EP2 got pushed until next year so that one is out of the window for the current year.

In 2007 though, it will be interesting to see how much further the PC can push the visuals on the Vista version of GOW with the newer and more powerful DX10 cards.