What a great Champion

IL Cattivo

I was very unsure of Novak when he first came on the scene in Tennis, however over the past 2-3 years this guy has oozed class and earned much respect within the world of Sport. :smashin:

BlueOrange25

Both he and Rafa just seem like nice, ordinary guys who just happen to be two of the best tennis players - alongside Federer - that we've seen over the last 10 years.

They're great for the sport, though it's a shame tennis is such a minority sport in Britain.

Phenomenal Australian Open final between the two of them today. Djokovic was awesome.

Steven

Senior Moderator
We are privileged to be around to see the fab four in mens tennis right now. Unbelievable standards that one doubts will ever be matched or surpassed again - it would be frightening if it happened!

They also all come across as great professionals and demonstrating humility. A relentless tour and with the media commitments. Class acts who have to put with so much crap from people who either do not know or do not care about tennis. Long may it continue

Coffin

Distinguished Member
Unbeeeeeeeelievable final today. Amazing stuff

We're so fortunate to have greats like this slugging it out..and for some time yet. 3 of the top 4 have many years left in them

duncfunk

We are privileged to be around to see the fab four in mens tennis right now. Unbelievable standards that one doubts will ever be matched or surpassed again - it would be frightening if it happened!

Makes it even more unbelievable what Djokovic is achieving right now. You have 2 of the greatest tennis players ever and they simply can't beat him lately. Is that his 6th or 7th straight win over Rafa? Also to win 2 matches like he did against Andy and Rafa, the guy is unreal.

markmc2k9

Controversial opinion but I am really starting to wonder about Djokovic. After having huge stamina problems at the start of his career it is as if he woke up one morning and suddenly became a machine. His level of tennis is just so night and day now aswell. Of course every player improves but the improvement seems so drastic in a short space of time.

Coupled with the very suspicious video of him taking some sort of tablet under a towel during the semi final, I am starting to think for certain he is on PEDs.

Huge and maybe unfair suggestion but alot of things do not add up in my eyes.

Coffin

Distinguished Member
You are not alone in thinking that. It's been widely commented on the web too. From what I gather, all players are tested by default X hours after a match

That doesn't rule out 'micro doping' (or something) though where it's quickly urniated out of the system. I would say more but I'm no expert!

Personally, I think he's just got better. He was on the fringe of success for a while and now he's 24 and approaching his prime

Deadringers

Controversial opinion but I am really starting to wonder about Djokovic. After having huge stamina problems at the start of his career it is as if he woke up one morning and suddenly became a machine. His level of tennis is just so night and day now aswell. Of course every player improves but the improvement seems so drastic in a short space of time.

Coupled with the very suspicious video of him taking some sort of tablet under a towel during the semi final, I am starting to think for certain he is on PEDs.

Huge and maybe unfair suggestion but alot of things do not add up in my eyes.

hmmm same could have been said about murray mate.

He at one stage was getting cramp every 5 minutes and just didn't have the stamina.

You cannot compare a pro sports player to anyone at our level.

They can make huge gains in very little time because they don't have to go to work for 8 hours or more a day..their job is to be fit.

And if you are right and he is cheating it will be extremely sad for the sport...

While on the subject of drugs and cheating it is remarkable how "clean" tennis is compared to something like the Tour De France. May it continue.

Digsy

duncfunk said:
Makes it even more unbelievable what Djokovic is achieving right now. You have 2 of the greatest tennis players ever and they simply can't beat him lately. Is that his 6th or 7th straight win over Rafa? Also to win 2 matches like he did against Andy and Rafa, the guy is unreal.

I think Novak's beaten him 8 times on the trot now, all in tournament finals.

I'm so excited for the French Open, this could be the first time in 6 or so years where a fully fit Nadal does not win it (i don't dislike Nadal but a new winner will be good for the sport). Novak beat him on clay twice last year and I wouldn't put it past him to beat Nadal if they play each other at Roland Garros. Though Djokovic seems to find it more difficult beating Federer and Murray than Rafa.

DrWise

Banned
Djokovic is the real deal nuff said
the guy has stepped up his game under the guidance of his coaches and what not

we could start suspecting footballers aswell than
ie bale- crappy first, now quality
ronaldo- seemed to get better over night
messi, carroll (lol)

deantown

Distinguished Member
Why would anyone hide the fact they are taking a TABLET under a towel. I think the Tennis authorities should be asking a few questions here.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom