What a day!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bristol Pete, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    My day was terrible today......

After walking home from work feeling rather unwell due to my ongoing stomach problem (seeing a consultant on 27th March) I saw my ex wife on Gloucester Rd in Bristol but she blanked me :thumbsdow, so the day did not start well :(

Plodded home but fainted in the front room this afternoon due to excessive pain and smacked my head. Luckily Mum was home. Ambulance came but decided not to take me to hospital as they would not expedite my stomach op and they said I seemed OK! :rolleyes:

What a day! You could not make it up! Murder eh?

Still, always someone worse off. Just went out and ran 6 miles but had a rocket off my Dad for doing so. Kinda felt like is was 12 again :)

Pete.

2. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    God Pete not a great day at all
    You take it easy mate put ya feet up
    Hope you stomach probs go away real soon :)

3. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,951
    man bumping into your ex sucks, i am so glad my ex lives out of london so i dont have a chance of bumping into her, you ran 6 miles with your stomach problems :eek: relax dude, take it easy

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,101
    Shahedz: You made me laugh there....glad your wife lives outside London so you don;t bump in to her......is it only me that finds that amusing? Although I know what you mean. I have bumped in to folk in the weirdest of places...strangest was when I was in Mineapolis, in the largest shopping mall in USA....was with Roland from B4 projection and we went to the 5th floor to the bars there for a beer......after 30 mins heard an English voice and turned around and it was Steve May, editor of Home Cinema Choice.....

Pete: Hope all goes well with the stomach op....just please don;t take your camera in for that one.....

Gordon

5. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Wow. Heres one. When I was in Brisbane in Nov, went to watch Queensland Roar soccer team. Bought my ticket at the gate of Suncorp stadium which holds 60,000 people. Anyway, found my seat and was walking along the isle when I clocked this bloke staring at me. I turned to my Aussie friends and asked them to go before me as I thought this could be trouble and felt uneasy when the bloke shouts 'oi mate, nice shirt!' I had my Bristol City home shirt on. At that point I look at him and he is pointing to the badge on his polo shirt which happens to be a City shirt!!!! Mad. So I barged the others out of the way sat with him. Turns out to be an ex Bristol lad who moved to Oz in 1988. How mad?!?!?. Of all the seats etc in the ground I buy the one next to his. Exchanged emails and still speak online most weeks.

A top bloke. Small world eh?

Pete.

6. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,951
    i should have been more specific ex-fiance! i rarely venture out of london unless i go abroad so i havnt seen her since we split! (am i sad as i dont leave this place much :rolleyes: ) yes i still hate her! damn i am bitter!

7. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    OK we're getting a bit off topic here but have to tell you this one!

You think that's weird......

A couple of years back a close mate of mine happened to bump into an old school friend of ours neither of us had seen in for about 12 years while out shopping one day, OK fair enough only about 30 miles from where we all went to school so not that bizarre but..............

......a few weeks later said friend is on holiday in New Zealand and driving a hire car from North to South, decides to pull over in a layby up ahead for a quick smoke. He pulls into the layby and pulls up behind another car, gets out and lights up his tab. bloke gets out of the car in front and it's the same old school friend he bumped into out of the blue a few weeks previously!!

8. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    One word; MENTAL :)

9. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    With a set up like the one in your sig you need not leave home, let alone London Town!!!!!

10. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,951

cheers dude, my music and movies are my escapism from the daily stresses and grind of life.