What a complete idiot!

lightpainter

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been having trouble with my 40D, the shutter has been playing up and nor working properly in any of the creative mode settings, I have to press the shutter button twice to get it to work!
On investigating it turn’s out the custom function, C.Fn 111 -7 Mirror lockup had been enabled, now I swear I have never set this function but I’m glad that this was all the problem was, having thoughts of having to return the camera to Jessop’s for repair!

I have been having trouble with my 40D, the shutter has been playing up and nor working properly in any of the creative mode settings, I have to press the shutter button twice to get it to work!
On investigating it turn’s out the custom function, C.Fn 111 -7 Mirror lockup had been enabled, now I swear I have never set this function but I’m glad that this was all the problem was, having thoughts of having to return the camera to Jessop’s for repair!

haha.. :D I forget sometimes that mirror lockup is on as well, waiting and wondering why it didn't take a picture :rotfl:

haha.. :D I forget sometimes that mirror lockup is on as well, waiting and wondering why it didn't take a picture :rotfl:
I've done that too! At least it's less obvious to other people compared to when the 10 second beeps go off while you've got the camera up to your eye... ;)

I've done that too! At least it's less obvious to other people compared to when the 10 second beeps go off while you've got the camera up to your eye... ;)

Guilty off this one:rolleyes:

Put me down for that one.:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom