1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what a 42 carat plonker, you really.......

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ihaventaclue, Feb 25, 2005.

1. ihaventaclue

ihaventaclue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a couple of months back i bought a sony home cinema system (DAV SR4W), which i am very happy with, but now i have bought the Sagem HD45, and have been told, component is the best connection only the sony only has 1 solitary scart connection,no component connections whatsoever.
    is there any way around this.
    and whats the big difference between RGB scart and Component?

i am shortly going to be upgrading to Sky +
    can this be utilised anyway?
    any help would be much appreciated :lease:

2. Chorlton Dragon

Chorlton Dragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Subjectively, I can't see a massive difference between RGB and component - at least interlaced component. Using progressive scan the difference is quite pronounced and the picture is more stable, less blocky and more "filmic" (if that's a real word).

I got my DVD player from Richer Sounds for £100. It's a Pioneer DV-575. Check out the reviews on homecinemachoice.com. As you've forked out 2 grand for the telly, it's surely worth forking out another £100 (+ cables) to get the best possible picture quality, isn't it ?

Sky+ doesn't have component outputs. It does have RGB scart. Sadly, the picture quality is not terribly impressive and the 45 inch screen shows up all the limitations of Sky+. Most of the time on the major channels the picture is just about watchable - nothing more. Mind you, if you've already got Sky Digital and you're happy with it you'll likely be as happy with Sky+ as far as picture quality goes.

Take it from me, however - when they turn up to install it ask the installer if he's got a Sky+ manufactured by Pace in his van and beg him for it. The alternative is an Amstrad, which is what I got, and it's rubbish - see the various Amstrad threads in the Sky Digital forum.