• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What 60"+

Hotblack

Banned
First off, my apologies for asking this age old n00bie question but I had my heart set on the Pioneer LX6090 last year but the finances ran out. I'm now back in the market so....what have I missed?

I hear talk of 3D, I'm not too worried about that and I have a 5.1 HC set-up so I'm just looking for a good screen. Having said that, anything that can easily play the .avi and .mkv files from my PC would be appreciated. Should I still be looking to pick up the Pioneer before they have gone for good or will holding on for another month open up a whole new chapter in large screen technologies?

Any advice greatly received. :smashin:

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
The panel is the best choice but the new pannys are launch next month, the VT25 will give you 58 & 65" screens and will be 3D etc and will have Kuro tech in them and native contrast of 5,000,000:1
The lower tech screens don't go up to that size.

Hotblack

Banned
Thanks Jazz Monkey

I've just watched the CES 2010 video's on this site, hmmm Kuro tech at Panasonic mass produced prices, now that does wet the appetite.

Can't imagine there will be much 3D content for a year or two but it does sound like 2D technology has been improved to cater for the 3D so I guess it will come down to price. Has anyone hinted at what the 58 & 65" screens will cost? (and exactly when will they be available, 1 week or 5?)

Cheers

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
I am waiting patiently for the 58VT25 as I am buying wither that or the PF12. the 5,000,000:1 sounds awesome. I had my mind set on a panel but with it being 12 month old technology I would be daft to rush in to buying one.
I am looking to buy around April so I am expecting the VT25 to be out in March/April.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom