Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

what 5.1 set up for a budget of £300-£400

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mystic_bertie, Aug 20, 2005.

1. mystic_bertie

mystic_bertie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i intend to buy a yamaha amp rxv657 or rxv650, i want to buy a good speaker system to go with it and have been considering the canton cd1 set up, i am unable to audition these so would be buying based on the good things said about them on this forum.

so i would though i would see what other option i have, i would like to limit my budget to £300 but would stretch to £400 if it was really worth it.

what can you guys recommend i go for within this price range. i lisen to 50/50 movies and music but i am more interested in it sounding best for movies but still pretty good for audio. I can go for floorstanders or bookshelf speakers up front and wall mounted at the rear, i would prefer the rears to be small though.

i have a sony all in one davs880 so i really want a system that will be miles better than what i have.

i have bought a pioneer dv575 today and expect to go for the yamaha 657 amp. so what would be a good 5.1 set up to match my amp and dvd player?