Question what 5.0 speakers should i get

michaelgordon

I currently have the Monitor Audio BX range of speakers for 5.1 with BX5s as fronts, BX Center and BXFX as surrounds, these are all around 5/6 years old. I have a Gemini 2 sub and all running from a Sony DTN 1080 amp

Im lpoking to upgrade and have through researching found a few below. Budget wise £1200 but i dont want to waste money for little gain over the BXs, i want a decent upgrade.

Use wise will only be for 5.1.2 (atmos im sorting seperately), mailny streaming & UHD discs, i dont watch TV. Im in a small room 4x4x3m and sit 2.5m away from TV

What i have so far is

Q Accoustics 3050I with the Q3090 Centre & 3010 for rears £850
Monitor Audio Bronze 200 with the bronze C150 Centre & Bronze FX rears £1045
Monitor Audio Silver 200 with the Silver C150 Centre, eventaully the Silver FX rears but this option is already expensive £1374 (£1874 with rears)

I also looked at and discounted the DALI Spector 6 & Spektor vokal and Oberon 5 & oberon vocal dur to teh what hifi reviews for both saying thet Q Accoustic were just that little bit better overall.

I have dismissed the KefQ550 & elac debut 2 but not sure why, just to shorten the list for demoing.

Have i missed anything, or anyone any advice or expericnce, especially the new MA bronze as there so new there are no reviews?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom