Question What 4k tv within my budget?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Member 114166, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Member 114166

Member 114166

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi guys..

My Sony 49" 48WD653BU is 1 year and a half old now and I'm thinking of upgrading. I got it cheap and its been OK. Not the sharpest picture quality or smoothest though.

I mainly want a 49" but may consider a 55". Budget around £500 or £600 (don't laugh).

I was looking at a few highly rated 2017 models which are going for around my budget, but I need a helping hand.

I don't care about smart TV or any of the menu features or sound quality. I have a fire TV box. And my own Avr 5.1 setup. I simply care about fast moving sports and gaming. So must have a great quality picture, and smooth. TV also must be easily wall mountable and slim. And of course 4k to future proof myself.

One model I was looking at was the mu7000. But heard about screen bleeding issues?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. massimj

massimj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess being in the UK, this will all be the same, so you should know that most of what comes out now is a smart TV, some being way smarter than others. At the most basic level of smart, they will have a bunch of streaming services, some of which you may have to pay for. In the USA, the ones we pay for are Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and a few others that are not so popular. TV's here in the USA have started to hit rock bottom, meaning you can get a LCD/LEd TV for very low cost, if you will settle for some no name brand from China. Even some well know brands have low end models that we can find in a Walmart. LCD/LED TV's is a bit misleading, in that the LED part lights of the LCD part of the picture. There are a few exceptions, but I am not going to go there. So you can find at least one good model in most well known brands, and some of the best known brands may have a few good models. For the average person that does not know what a good picture is, most of the TV's are OK. If they are awful most people can see it if they are looking for it. If you educate yourself to what a good picture is, you can walk into any big store that will give you a cable, or Satellite picture, and not a 4K Ultra picture off a USB stick, and you should be able to pick a good TV. I personally don't buy smaller than 65" unless it will be used for a computer monitor. You can get 65" TV's for $450 in the USA, but I have no idea what they would cost in the UK. Watch for sales, and club stores, if you belong to any. Things to look for are blooming, sharp defined edges, no bright spots. The bright spots, are spots that are always brighter than they should be, because the LEDs are brighter than they should be for whatever reason. Do not try to judge a picture from cartoons, or animated shows, that is one way some stores suck in the ignorant people. Your best bet is a football game, soccer, or some other live event. You want to look at the grass ,and if you get a scene with snow, you want to judge how the Tv handles a lot of white, is it defined, or all washed out. This is the end for me, hopefully someone way smarter than I will expand, or correct me. Good luck..

3. Dans1210

Dans1210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +750
    Mu7000 all day long! Absolute bargain @£699 if you can find one.
    Oh and i think you need to get the 55” for the 120hz panel.