What 4K (native) projector (non-UST) and 120 inch screen should I buy?

iFly

Novice Member
Hi, I‘d like some advice on 4K projectors and a screen which meet my setup
1. Price - $3,500 max
2. The room will be a dedicated theater room so I can block out all light, but the walls and carpet are a light
beige color - I am willing to paint screen wall if needed​
3. I’m not worried about the projector being mounted from the ceiling
4. I have 4 theater style chairs but are in an arch seating arrangement
5. I will be installing AV receiver with ATMOS so I’m not sure if the projector needs to have it - media input will
be Apple TV 4K and UHD disc player and some gaming (Xbox, PS4, feed from gaming computer)​
6. Needs to have HDR and I think I want Dolby Vision (which I believe incorporates HDR)
7. Will be used primarily for action movies (no sports)

also looking at a 120 inch screen- what kind should I get based on item 2 above (speakers will not be behind screen)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:

Zone

你买投影仪了吗?

MOD COMMENT
Welcome to the forum.

We are UK based, so English is the preferred language so please where possible post questions in a way members will be able to easily understand and reply to.
Thanks.

Google Translate

Did you buy a projector

lattiboy

Standard Member
Hi, I‘d like some advice on 4K projectors and a screen which meet my setup
1. Price - $2,500 max
2. The room will be a dedicated theater room so I can block out all light, but the walls and carpet are a light
beige color - I am willing to paint screen wall if needed​
3. I’m not worried about the projector being mounted from the ceiling
4. I have 4 theater style chairs but are in an arch seating arrangement
5. I will be installing AV receiver with ATMOS so I’m not sure if the projector needs to have it - media input will
be Apple TV 4K and UHD disc player and some gaming (Xbox, PS4, feed from gaming computer)​
6. Needs to have HDR and I think I want Dolby Vision (which I believe incorporates HDR)
7. Will be used primarily for action movies (no sports)

also looking at a 120 inch screen- what kind should I get based on item 2 above (speakers will not be behind screen)

Thanks in advance for the help!
The only currently available Dolby Vision projectors are the Xaomi Cinema 2 and the Fengmi Formovie T1. The Xaomi is $2040, the Fengmi is $3050.

XY makes a number of CLR screens that are supposed to be very good starting at $600 or so for a 100 inch.

Ricoflashback

Checkout lattiboy's pics in the AVS Forum - Post# 447. The Fengmi T1. Absolutely stone, cold gorgeous. Black levels like I've never seen on a UST Projector before.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom