what 3d tv to buy????

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by denzil187, Dec 28, 2011.

1. denzil187

denzil187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, so im planing on buying my first 3d tv for gaming on my ps3, i have a budget of about £700 and needs to be around 50inch. Ive done a bit of research and decided on the lg50pz570t from amazon £675, so iwent out my way and went to look at this in store, first store currys the glasses where dead and when plugged into the tv via usb the picture was blurry but couldnt see no 3d, so i went to comet had a look at about 6 different 3d tvs and me and my wife could only see 3d on a £1400 led, even the guys working in the stores couldnt understand how none of us, including the staff could not see the 3d, so this has really put me off buying a 3d now. Anyway is this just the stores not setting there tvs up properly and anyone with suggestions about what tv to buy would be great. thanks.

2. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
  3. denzil187

denzil187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picking the Panasonic up tomoz from richer sounds as they said they would throw in the 5 year guarantee for free, fingers crossed they got one left as they only had 3 left today.

4. TimmyBee86

TimmyBee86

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    are you getting it for 600, or 700 with 2 glasses?

5. denzil187

denzil187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £699 with 2 sets of glasses

6. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    I've just had the worst experience at Richer sounds. I went there as everyone always talks about them being great. I'm looking at buying a 3D TV. So are two of my friends. So I drove 45 mins to one of their stores. We went in and said we were looking for two TVs. I said the two we were choosing between and all I got was 'yeah they're good'

So I asked if I could view one of them in 3D. After about 5 to 10 mins the glasses were found and a blu ray put on. Then he disappeared. After about 10 to 15 mins I went to find him to see if I could try the Panasonic. The response was that he didn't know where the glasses were and would try and find them. Then came back and said I couldn't try it as they were charging and could be used for ages. I asked if they were the new ones because if they are, they charge something like 2 mins for 3 hours. He goes away and comes back and says he can't find them. I walked out at that point.

No customer journey, no customer awareness, no sales effort, no general human politeness. If my staff did that they would be out. I went to comet after. They didn't know everything i asked but found out what i wanted to know. Really pleasant to talk to and nice people. Can't believe it. My other friend met me I there and we've ordered three TVs due to come into stock after the new year. Not paid for them yet, just waiting for the call to say they're back in stock. So disappointed. I wish I had a camera to send the whole experience to their head office. I was really looking forward to the visit too.

7. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    Sadly this is becomeing too common now, I was going to get my set from them a while back bet ended up at Sound and vision who do know more about the products.

RS do have a rep on here who is very good, I had an immediate apology for my experiance from him, very nice chap. Its a shame, I mainly recommend them for price and the fact they have a demo room. Most still seem to get good service but complaints are still on the up sadly. despite some issues I was at least dealt with well and cant fault the Cambridge stores service, it was other things that fell short for me.

Price can be a bit higher but Sound and vision have always been good here in Cambridge, they know more than most, if not all in this area.

8. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    I really just wanted to try a Panasonic active plasma in a demo room without shop lights and 10 tvs on around it. I actually went there twice. I understood on boxing day as they were rammed. Today it was just me and 6 staff.

Couldn't test it at comet like that but at least I could test it a little bit. Oh well.

9. wilco1973

wilco1973
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, just following on from this thread as I am looking at getting at 3D TV and looked at the Panasonic VIERA TXP50ST30 | 50 inch 3D Plasma TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD as mentioned in this thread. I can get it for £630 from Comet with 2 pairs of glasses. (I get 10% off through my work). Is that a good deal or is there better out there for the money? Thanks

10. TimmyBee86

TimmyBee86

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    700 from RS is a good deal. 630 is a steal! although i cant see on the web that their 50ST3 @ 699 comes with any glasses.
    If no glasses, get it from RS for 600 instead

11. denzil187

denzil187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connect, what tvs did you order?

12. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    LG 42LW550T ...... At the moment!! They're not due in to my local store until jan 3rd. I would still like to see a panasonic st30 in a non shop environment to be honest but it doesn't look like its going to happen and I'm not going to risk it. The LG I've seen in the shop and it was good. None of my friends will get one so I'll never know the difference better or worse. You can spend forever looking. Sometimes just have to do it!

13. denzil187

denzil187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at the 50 inch one of that lg but could not see the 3d on it, it was just a blur, tested the Panasonic and all was good, so decided on that

14. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    how you getting on with the ST30?

Dal

15. Jason Shouler

Jason Shouler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Sounds like you were looking either down or up at it - looks terrible if you do.

Ideally need to view dead on in terms of vertical.

16. denzil187

denzil187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So picked up the Panasonic st30 today and I have to say even with settings down to break it in the picture is fantastic and have no problems to report with the set, have to say I'm well chuffed.

17. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +590
    Sssooooooo tempted to pick one of these up :)

Dal

18. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    Or looking at a different set altogether. There is no 50 inch is there?

19. Jason Shouler

Jason Shouler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    I was a bit slow there wasn't I :facepalm:

20. denzil187

denzil187
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I meant the lg50pz550t. I've been testing the 2d-3d today and I have to say on the hd channels (I have sky) there is a bit of depth, normal sd channels don't see no change but on the cartoon channels you see the most depth and tried it out on my ps3, mw3 single player player the writings 3d but can't see any depth on the game, also tried rayman origins now that was amazing it worked realy well, I have uncharted 3 (is a 3d game) but havnt tried yet. Please note I'm not complaining just my observations so far.

21. Jason Shouler

Jason Shouler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    In that case I'd say you made a good decision going for the Panasonic.

We thought you meant the LG 42LW550T (which is a passive LG rather than an active)