• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What 37" to 40" LCD for £600-£650

rossyl

Established Member
Been lurking on the forum for 2weeks and am now more confused them ever.

The Sony options seem the best but a bit more expensive.

Samsungs seem to have focussing problems.

So what's my best option, would really like it in the house by the weekend.

Thank you

vickster

Distinguished Member
Sony 40V4000 best sub £700 option :) Use pricerunner to find the best deal

jpr141

Prominent Member
Been lurking on the forum for 2weeks and am now more confused them ever.

The Sony options seem the best but a bit more expensive.

Samsungs seem to have focussing problems.

So what's my best option, would really like it in the house by the weekend.

Thank you
I would say sony are the best option for lcd right now. The v4000 you can get for around £630 the w4000 for around £757 or if you want the best of the best it seems right now £880 for the w4500. All of these sonys are top tv's obviously as you go up the range they get a little bit better. But im pretty sure either one of these three you would love. Also the panasonic 37lzd85 is pretty good to for around £732. Shopping around is the key. :D

Stuteman

Standard Member
Sony 37V4000 HD Ready
Sharp 37D65E Full HD
Panasonic Plasma 37PX80

are the 3 I'm looking at. All are at or less than £600.

The Sony does not use the same panel as other Sony's but people reckon it is very good.

The Sharp is a new model but one member warned me off it because of "banding". However, I spoke to a local store yesterday and they said it had been a problem on bigger screens but not on 37".

The Panasonic gets very good write up's.

A few to consider.....

By the way this is a good site for comparing. http://www.zettavolt.co.uk/TV/Popular.html

Last edited:

jpr141

Prominent Member
Sony 37V4000 HD Ready
Sharp 37D65E Full HD
Panasonic Plasma 37PX80

The Sony does not use the same panel as other Sony's but people reckon it is very good.

The Sharp is a new model but one member warned me off it because of "banding". However, I spoke to a local store yesterday and they said it had been a problem on bigger screens but not on 37".

A few to consider.....

By the way this is a good site for comparing. http://www.zettavolt.co.uk/TV/Popular.html
Yep thats correct as you say the sony 37 doesnt use the same superior panel as the 40. It may still be good i personally dont know maybe some owners of it on here will tell you what they think. Also banding on sharp lcd's is still around as far as im aware on all sizes i think. What are your source's by the way sky, skyhd , freeview, cable e.t.c?

jpr141

Prominent Member
Sony 37V4000 HD Ready
Sharp 37D65E Full HD
Panasonic Plasma 37PX80

A few to consider.....

Yes pretty good price comparison site but prc direct seem to missing from it's best price line up when i checked a few lcd's. In my opinion prc direct is one of the cheapest and best on the net for electronics.

Stuteman

Standard Member
Yes pretty good price comparison site but prc direct seem to missing from it's best price line up when i checked a few lcd's. In my opinion prc direct is one of the cheapest and best on the net for electronics.
Don't think any of the price comparison sites give all the options, so that is where sites like this are invaluable.
I liked ZettaVolt to see sizes, manufacturers, specs etc lumped together. Getting the best price requires a lot of finger work:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom