what 37" plasma??

agc1965

Ive got around £1000-£1200 to spend on a 37" HD ready plasma.Ive looked at the Panasonic th37pv500 and th37px60.Does anybody out there rate these or any other 37" HD ready plasmas??Or are the 37" lcds better??thanks

usagi13

I have (and alot of others on the forum ) a Panaonic 37PX60 which is an outstanding TV and can be picked up now for a little over £1000.

Your best bet is to try and get a demo of one of these and an LCD side by side and that way you make up your own mind as to which one you like the most.
There are alot of 37inch LCD's out there now but to be honest I would invest in the Panasonic! I dont think you'll regret it!!

agc1965

Ive just seen the th37px60 for £1149 online with Currys with the stand.Does this stack up as a great deal or are there better out there?

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
Don't go the LCD route.The PX60 is far superior in my opinion (and that of What Hi-Fi in their recent 37" super test)

£1149 with the stand is a great deal.I got mine with a pedestal for £1250 and I thought that I got a result.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
If you've got an Egg Card then along with some internet discount codes you can pick up the Panny 37PX60 for couple of quid over £1K.:thumbsup:

agc1965

Can you please tell me more about the discount codes and the Egg card,where do you get this deal?thanks

domtheone

Distinguished Member
You must follow the links from the Egg web site which links to Dixons

Start with the list price of the 37" Panny, example £1174 + Carriage of £19.99

Add to basket and then use code nhs192 to take of around £60. Use code TISCALI199 gives you free delivery saving another £20.

Gives your around £1114 Total.

Then use your egg card ( ) to deduct 10% (about £111) giving you an approx price of £1003.

I'll be checking to my card tonight to see if the charge from Dixons has hit my Egg card yet and whether Egg have given me the £111 cashback:rolleyes:

agc1965

If you could let me know if it has worked id be very happy.I will have to apply for an Egg card now!Is this a limited offer or is it ongoing?cheers

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Hmmm. I think it ends 31st July:rolleyes: , today:eek:

Having said that, i;m sure the cashback (Egg/Dixons) will carry on indefinately but perhaps at 5%.

nikz06

Or alternatively buy it from Currys who have the offer at the moment, use the nhs192 discount code, you get free delivery already and the price will be about £1091 or something like that.

Jim_Fear

I'm selling my 37" PV500 with pedestal for £1200 if you're interested? Where abouts are you located?

agc1965

Im in Blackpool...just a note to say that you wont get the extra 10% dixons discount via Egg unless you use an Egg money card,if you use the Egg visa it doesnt apply

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Jim_Fear said:
I'm selling my 37" PV500 with pedestal for £1200 if you're interested? Where abouts are you located?
keep it in the classifieds if your looking sell (but you can link to the sale elsewhere)

domtheone

Distinguished Member
agc1965 said:
Im in Blackpool...just a note to say that you wont get the extra 10% dixons discount via Egg unless you use an Egg money card,if you use the Egg visa it doesnt apply

Good spot, :clap: forgot about that:rolleyes:

M

m4rc

agc1965 said:

Cashback works with Egg Visa....had my cashback tonight after ordering the 37" PX60 last Thursday. Worked out at £1009. Just my luck though the day after I ordered they reduced the price by £30! You can now get it for £982 (depending on whether the egg offer is extended)

md178

Just ordered the Panasonic TH37PX60 with cabinet floor stand from Currys for £1121.00 using discount code nhs192, bargain!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom