1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What 37" LCD / Plasma which has HDMI

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by NickHeather, Mar 17, 2005.

1. NickHeather

NickHeather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for any thoughts anyone has on this! I had been looking at the Sharp LC37A5E but they have discontinued that. Someone else recommended the Phillips 37PF9986 but I have read that has some issues with the traditional picture slowness on LCDs. My budget is around £3k for the screen & DVD. Any help really appreciated!

2. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The new Panasonic 37" Viera 500 is out in the next couple of months.

This is a high-resolution panel with HDMI. It should do a stellar job, trounce those LCDs in every way except brightness, and leave plenty left over from your budget to boot...

3. NickHeather

NickHeather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - anywhere I can read about this? Have a guy in making the recessed hole for this so want to get all the specs together!

4. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Is 37" a must? Can you not fit a 43" inch plasma? If you very slightly push your budget you can get the Pioneer PDP-435XDE that has everything for now and the future.... I bet you will love it.. and no comparison with an LCD.
    I say this because I notice many people think that they cannot accommodate a larger screen in the space they have.... but sometimes only our eyes think that. Even in my case I have a Pioneer 434 but could have easily installed a 504.