1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What 32" to buy?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by top_caty, Jul 11, 2004.

1. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know everyone seems to be going mad for LCD or projectors at the moment but I am looking for a good 32" CRT, budget for the TV is about £600 as I also need to get an Amp and some speakers.

At the moment I am considering the:
    Panasonic 32PS1
    Panasonic 32PS12
    Panasonic TX-32PM11
    Panasonic TX-32PM1
    Panasonic TX-32DTX1C

I'm not a Panasonic 'nut' btw, its just I have mainly heard good reviews about the panasonics from the magazines so have been mainly looking at these. If anyone can suggest another make then I would be very interested.

I'm not sure whethere it is best to go for the cheaper Panasonic 32PS1 and use the money saved to buy a better amp and speakers? I am planning to get the Yamaha HTR5640 as I heard it was very good for the money.

Your help/advice would really be helpful.
    Thanks

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Try to get a demo of all of them and some other makes, like Sony and Philips.

3. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your comment, I have tried this but the problem with getting demo's is that most places near me (John Lewis, Bennetts, Hughes, Dixons, Curry's) they don't have the facility to show the TV's, most of the time they are on the shop floor getting a rubbish TV feed which is so bad it can't really be used to compare the TV's quality.

I have asked to be shown a DVD or something else but most of the time they don't have a DVD player connected or if they do have one they can link up they are often unwilling to connect it up to lots of TV for me to have a look as a few to compare. Yeah I know this is poor customer service but it’s what happens at most of these places :(

4. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    The 'PM11' has just had an excellent review in What Hi Fi and Home Cinema and has had a few good comments on this forum i seem to remember.