what 32 lcd for standard def

shaunfreeman

Novice Member
I am looking for the best 32 inch lcd tv which is the best for standard def. I want to connect dvd player via component (progressive scan) and I will be connecting hamax freeview via RGB scart. Have £800-900 pounds to spend.
So any thoughts?

Rikwill

Standard Member
Sharp P panels are probably best as there optimized for pal sd transmission they are not Hd ready though although they are Hd compatible.

shaunfreeman

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply

I was looking at the Toshiba 32WLT66. Its had good reviews and it looks great in black. Is this better than then sharp p-series. The sharp p-series is old in terms of lcd tvs. Or are the new sharps the ones to go for?

Carl Z

Standard Member
I have the Sony KDL-32S2010. Its amazing for SD picture,i have only an indoor aerial from an old Uni Tv,and the picture is great via built in freeview.

Rikwill

Standard Member
Sharp P panels are optimized for pal broadcast the new sharp tvs are not although they are hd ready, If your interestred in just sd I dont think you will find a better panel than the P ones and if you look around you can get them at silly prices now.

SlinkDaddy

Novice Member
Stick with the Tosh if you want a HD ready set. Cracking pic on SD, one of the best i've seen. The Sony mentioned is great but on SD i think the tosh has a slight edge.

cosmicblue

Carl Z said:
I have the Sony KDL-32S2010. Its amazing for SD picture,i have only an indoor aerial from an old Uni Tv,and the picture is great via built in freeview.

I'd second that, and you will get a Freeview tuner built in that can find many, many more channels than the Humax can (yup I've got one too) +with a CAM adapter installed in the Sony you can get the Topup TV channels too. Sit 5ft away from the TV on SD with a good signal and you will be just blown away with the PQ.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom