What 32" flat screen for £300-£500

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by StickS81, Mar 16, 2006.

1. StickS81

StickS81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, probably get this question a lot, sorry!

I'm just about to move in to my first house, and have been given £400 to buy a new tv:thumbsup: .

I was looking at the SAMSUNG WS32Z306VB, but after reading a few comments/reviews, i'm really put off now. Another i saw at comet was the Jvc AV32T5Sk which is £449, but i've seen on empiredirect for £325 inc p&p. Any good?
    . I can maybe add another £100 to the £400 we've been given. Anything else i could look at? Would of liked 100hz and a stand, but i could probably live with out them.

Any thoughts/ comments would be great.

2. StickS81

StickS81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well since posting this thread, i've been having a quick scan of the forum and a read about some of the JVC's. The HV32P37S hasn't got the looks of the Samsung slim, but sounds like a great spec, and for £380 (inc p&p) from Empire Direct, is spot on the budget as well. Having said that, i'm just nipping to Comet for a last look, but i'm thinking i'll be ordering the HV32P37S when i get back.

3. gario

gario

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=88378

This could be worth a look.

I know alot of guys seem to have issue's with Philips TVs, but I have a couple of sets, and am well pleased

4. misae

misae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I have a HV32P37S and over time it has gotten better and better in image quality. It is a great TV and has good quality 576 progressive scan. It also manages 1080i over component quite well. I would get one of these from Empire Direct, I bought mine over a year ago and do not regret my purchase.

5. StickS81

StickS81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

well thing is, i ordered one bout an hour ago :D :smashin:

Can't wait to get it! Although i can't really do anything with it for a week or 2 :(

6. Soundwave

Soundwave
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,488
    Well you wont be sorry when it does arrive :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Had mine now for about 2 months & I love it.

Everything I throw at it looks fantastic.
    X-Box (Original) & Gamecube using RGB are both crisp & clear with well defined colours, the opening for Resident Evil 4 on the 'Cube looks stunning
    DVD's again through RGB (I dont have a player with component output...Yet ;)) look amazing...Underworld as an example used to look far too dark on my old 36" Hitachi but with the JVC it looks perfect.
    Normal TV just fed through the RF (getting Sky next month) looks brilliant, colours again are natural & vibrant with no traces of any problems & considering I'd heard that analogue TV pictures were pretty awful on this set I was more than suprised to see the finished article look so good.

Sound is more than adequate for the set as well but I run mine through a seperate AV setup so cant comment too far

IMO all in all this is by far & away the best set I could have got for my sub £1k budget & that includes all the Plasma/LCD's I'd seen running on the high street

You wont be dissapointed.

Hope you enjoy it

Neil

7. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
  8. misae

misae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Hi there.

As far as I know there are not any CRT's that do 720P, the max resolution being 576P and interlaced to get you the required 1080i.

Also Samsung have some slimfit TV's out already which have proven to be hugely popular, giving 1080i over component. However image quality has been HUGHELY compromised on these models from the feed I saw at Comet. I also have a relative who has one. If the new Samsung models are the same but with HDMI to make them HD Ready then well... keep away. As ever final judgement should be made when the TV is actually released and reviewed.

9. big_jon_G

big_jon_G
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may also want to wait for the Philips 32PW9551 model that will be coming out next month. I've seen it advertised in Norway and Germany. Its more of a traditionally sized crt that will be hd ready according to the manual. It is supposed to go on sale next month. Not sure about UK

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/2/28pw9551_12/28pw9551_12_dfu_fra.pdf

10. Jackam

Jackam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Samsung Slim Fit TV, the quality via component with a progressive scan DVD player is actually very good indeed. It does have some slight geometry issues (only really noticeable with a cross-hatch pattern on mine) but its more than good enough to warrant the upgrade from a bog standard RGB only CRT (previously had a base model 6yr old Sony WS 28").

11. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    hi,
    i did have a philips 9618 available to me last week.
    its around £550.
    pixel+ twin tunner, split screen.
    with stand and full 1 year warranty.
    brand new .
    if you want this , i'll see if its still around from this dealer