What 26inch LCD for under £500?

L

LCD4me

Hi all,:hiya:

Please excuse me for being lazy with my first post, but I figured why spend time trawling through 100s of possibly irrelevant posts when I could get the required information by simply posting a request for it!

I'm in the market for a LCD TV for my Bedroom. I was thinking of going for one 26 inches in size (it's not a masive room) and it will be used for watching general TV programmes, DVD viewing, and Xbox 360. I would like it to be HD ready (for the xbox and when it becomes a worthwhile feature on Sky) have an integrated freeview box and at least two SCART sockets. I would like a good quality one, but I'm not sure what criteria I should be using to judge LCDs by, or which models have a good reputation!

Given the new year sales are rapidly upon us, I'd also like to get it for no more than £500.

Can anyone offer some advice and model suggestions.

Have a great xmas and new year! :thumbsup:

sainsburys are doing Sony Bravia for 499

16ms response time, 600:1 contrast ratio. :thumbsdow

You get what you pay for at those prices.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to elaborate on what kind of criteria I should be looking for, for example, what is the maximum response time you would deem acceptable for the uses I've outlined, what contrast ratio etc...

The Sharp and Sony look nice; the PC connectivity is also appreciated! Which has the edge in your opinion?

All the best.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to elaborate on what kind of criteria I should be looking for, for example, what is the maximum response time you would deem acceptable for the uses I've outlined, what contrast ratio etc...

The Sharp and Sony look nice; the PC connectivity is also appreciated! Which has the edge in your opinion?

All the best.
For most new LCDs nowadays you should be looking at anything below 8ms with contrast ratios of 1200:1 and greater.

I don't think they'll be much to choose between the Sharp or the Sony, although I've not had personal experiance of either but personally I'd be tempted at spending £50 more and getting the much rated Toshiba 26WLT66.

i can vouch for the sharp, its pretty good ( has the needed stats) and has enough inputs / options for normal use. sound is very good compared to the 26 samsung.

i saw a load in currys and it was miles better than the others on the same source.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom