What 26" LCD TV

red2

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 26" LCD for my spare room. Bit of sport (cricket) bit of genereal TV nothing too taxing for it.

I've seen these two -:

Panasonic 26" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview TX-26LXD8

imp
Panasonic 26" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview TX-26LXD8 - Tesco.Direct

Technika 26" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview LCD26-209

imp
Technika 26" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview LCD26-209 - Tesco.Direct

Budget around £200 - £300

Any advice is appreciated :lease:

the Sharp has TN panel, but for the budget, it seems like a good value

But I would stick with the Sony/Samsung 26"

The Tesco Panasonic appears to be £40 over your budget. RGB Direct currently have the Sharp LC26D44EBK at £299.00. I'm about to take delivery of one so I hope it'll be good!

The Tesco Panasonic appears to be £40 over your budget. RGB Direct currently have the Sharp LC26D44EBK at £299.00. I'm about to take delivery of one so I hope it'll be good!

Nielo, do you know what type of panel the Sharp LC26D44EBK has?

I'm looking for a 26" LCD for my spare room. Bit of sport (cricket) bit of genereal TV nothing too taxing for it.

I've seen these two -:

Panasonic 26" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview TX-26LXD8

imp
Panasonic 26" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview TX-26LXD8 - Tesco.Direct

Technika 26" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview LCD26-209

imp
Technika 26" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview LCD26-209 - Tesco.Direct

Budget around £200 - £300

Any advice is appreciated :lease:
I bought the Technika for my guest bedroom. With it now at <£200 I think it is bargain.
Easy set up. Looks good. Whilst not leading edge picture quality, with a little adjustment of the settings ( very easy if I can do it ) I think it's very good for the money.
My neighbour has spent >£1500 on a 37" Pioneer + Humax Freesat box and he does not think his picture is much better - even in HD !!!
Seen many reviews which criticise the inability to turn the set off. I don't see this as a problem.
My Dad always insisted on unplugging the TV when going to bed and I still do the same.
If one is disabled, and have difficulty reaching the socket, then a remote socket solves this.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom