• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be down from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for quite some time while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

What 20-23" LCD?

sarll

Hi

I'm after an LCD screen of around 20-23" for my bedroom. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of reviews about, so I wondered if anyone had any first hand opinions of the following:

JVC 23E31
Philips 23pf9945
Panasonic tx22lt3
Sony klv23hr2

All of these are around £1000-£1200. I prefer the look of the JVC but at at the end of the day all i'm interested in is the picture.

What should I get / definately not get?!!!

Thanks for any help

sarll

cheers mr dragon

Do you know of any good online retailers, outside the norm of empire etc???

calscot

Standard Member
I had a look at the JVC and Philips in John Lewis with a dvd via scart - I assume they were switched to RGB but didn't have time to play about and check. In my opinion the JVC looked much clearer and better even though the dvd player sending the signals was cheaper - the Philips had a Philips 963SA connected...

Both had the sound switched off but I didn't bother checking sound as I have a surround system.

The JVC is now the favourite for me at the moment although I'd like it to drop below a grand first. This should happen with the release of new LCD models around Easter.

I would be interested in the Thomson 27" if it falls to the same price as the JVC just for shear size.

sarll

erm, because they will be more expensive.....

S

sponshagga

Buy it locally on barclaycard and then use their price promise!

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Consider also the Samsung LW22A13. See one in John Lewis.

appledell

Standard Member
Just purchased a sony KLV23HR2 today from Costco. It was slightly dearer than online retailers, but it has 3 year warranty and no quible refund policy.

The picture is not too bad exept the screen is quite bright, even with all the settings turned down (even the backlight and powersave setting selected) when the tv is switched off, the screen is a nice shade of black. I was under the impression that the blacks are the same as the screen colour. when switched on the blacks seem to be a shade of dark blue.

I dont know if it is a faulty unit or just yhe way Lcd's are. Either way it will be going back.

hornydragon

As they are BACK lit its a bit different with light on. Costco had the JVC 26" and it is worth every penny! DVD is stunning and Sky is very good!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom