Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

What 2 do with my old skybox...

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Truecelt, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Truecelt

Truecelt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive just had sky+ installed today and I am now left with a perfectly good (old) sky digibox and remote. I would like to install this in another property I own and switch the skycard between the two boxes. However, the sky installer said this cant happen as my card is now married to the Sky+ box. Now, call me a sceptic, but in this day and age, there is a hack or a fix for every electronic problem, and Im sure this is no exception. So my question is, is it possible for me to install my old box in another house, and switch my card between the two boxes, bearing in mind that my card was married up to the old digibox anyway prior to sky+ being installed this morning.???

Second query. I have 4 sky balls (or sky eyes , whatever you want to call them) in different rooms, and I thought I could use my old remote in the other rooms as I did before. But the old remote doesnt seem to be compatable with sky+. Am I doing something wrong or have sky done this to swindle another few quid out of people who view in more than one room? any help appreciated

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    The card is married to the box so can't be used in another. As for the remote, a standard Sky remote will not control a Sky+ box and, I think, vice versa.

As for the 'spare' box, could you not take out a mirror sub and have it in another room in the house - that's what I did when i got Sky+

John

3. stevefish69

stevefish69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +439
    To reprogram the sky remote to control the sky+ box.

The sequence is:

TV
    Blue+select led flash twice
    Select
    Sky
    Now the sky remote up and down channel buttons change the channels on a sky+ box.

To revert back, enter this sequence again but press the zero button instead of "2".

This worked on both of my old remotes wiith no problem !! :clap:

4. Truecelt

Truecelt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Worked a treat Stevefish, thanks for that. Makes me think though, if that code allows the sky channel up down buttons to work, then there must be another that will allow the old remote to power on/off and enable the sky channel menu system?? just a thought, but thanks anyway.