Quantcast

What ‘headroom’ (for temp management) does an AVR really need?

R1KEB

Hi all, I’m just about to upgrade my Onkyo NR606 to a Denon X3600H and whilst the dimensions are pretty much the same I’m contemplating sticking the Denon on the top of my AV stand so it has more clearance for air circulation.

Previously my Onkyo has sat on the third shelf which only allow it about 3.5 cm clearance from the next shelf above but this has allow the entire stand to be tucked more neatly under the stairs.

I’ve never experienced any overheating with the Onkyo and whilst the Onkyo and Denon outputs per channel are similar I didn’t want to assume everything would be OK - not sure how sensitive the Denons circuitry is.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

cottonpickers

I have a Denon avr3313 in a cabinet. Initially I had a shelf maybe an inch or two above it with nearly a foot space either side. The fan would come on even with the front doors open. I moved the shelf higher - maybe 6inch or 15cm and leave the doors open when I watch a film. Fan doesn’t seem to go on now.

R1KEB

I have a Denon avr3313 in a cabinet. Initially I had a shelf maybe an inch or two above it with nearly a foot space either side. The fan would come on even with the front doors open. I moved the shelf higher - maybe 6inch or 15cm and leave the doors open when I watch a film. Fan doesn’t seem to go on now.
Thank you

Top Bottom