Question What’s the longest you’ve gone before opening your new TV?

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I’m due to move into my new house at any point now (well, when the solicitors decide to pull their fingers out), and we bought the 65” B7 as part of the deal me and the wife made (she gets a house, I get an OLED-both happy).

However this was back in August. :eek:

And so it has remained in its box, waiting for me to get it opened. It’s been torture looking at it, especially as exchange/completion gets ever nearer.

So has anyone else had to endure such restraint or was temptation too much and just ended up opening it regardless of a move?

You might want to check the set is working now, rather than possibly running into problems with a warranty claim later.

So I’m due to move into my new house at any point now (well, when the solicitors decide to pull their fingers out), and we bought the 65” B7 as part of the deal me and the wife made (she gets a house, I get an OLED-both happy).

However this was back in August. :eek:

And so it has remained in its box, waiting for me to get it opened. It’s been torture looking at it, especially as exchange/completion gets ever nearer.

So has anyone else had to endure such restraint or was temptation too much and just ended up opening it regardless of a move?

I admire your restraint, but i'd 100% have tested it within 5 minutes of getting it through the door.

Close to 3 weeks from getting my oled to powering it on. Had a right nightmare with a tv stand I bought missing parts, and the Amazon seller being really slow in sending them out. Then I had to wait for help mounting it on the cantilever stand as everyone was too 'busy'.

I was pretty fudgeed off by the end of it all.

Worth the wait in the end though.

Always worth checking anything out immediately elsewise can complicate warranty, DOA claims etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom