• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What’s the best 65 inch OLED today?

JamesP1701

Prominent Member
I’m considering upgrading from my 65C8 which I’ve always been very pleased with.

It’s used for games and movies.

Having not really kept up, I’m wondering what the sense is these days - stick with LG or move to another company?

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Most OLEDs from popular brands are going to be very close in terms of performance. If you are looking for an LED-LCD alternative which can offer an overall PQ close to OLED, I would highly recommend the Sony X950H / XH95.

woppy101

Distinguished Member
Crappy android os. I wouldn't want android on a TV.
Nothing wrong with the current Sony OS having used it for the last 18 months, until I changed to my current panny, considering your saying the current Panny is a good choice and that OS is like using teletext

TheCrow

Established Member
Bare in mind the new LGs do not have FreeView Play or any of the catch up services such as BBC iPlayer.
Nor do they decode DTS anymore.
If any of that is important to you (which both are to me).

Tim2049

Prominent Member
I own android devices, they're ok for the use but wouldn't want android on a TV. Coming from pc user and programming background.

Bizarre. Discrediting a TV because you don't like navigating a home screen. Fair do's obviously, I've just never understood that line of thinking.

My experience of android on my Sony oled is being on a home screen, selecting an app and...then it loads. As quickly as I would ever want. Curious as to what more one would expect from a TV's OS...

woppy101

Distinguished Member
Bizarre. Discrediting a TV because you don't like navigating a home screen. Fair do's obviously, I've just never understood that line of thinking.

My experience of android on my Sony oled is being on a home screen, selecting an app and...then it loads. As quickly as I would ever want. Curious as to what more one would expect from a TV's OS...
Funny thing is he suggested the Panasonic which has by a country mile the worst TV OS out there :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom