Wharfedale xarus series speakers - where can I buy them? UK

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by philmckibben, Jun 9, 2009.

1. philmckibben

philmckibben
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I have recently bought the Wharfedale Xarus 5000 speakers...great pair they are. But I want to finish my surround sound and buy the xarus centre speaker along with two xarus 2000. The problem is after searching through many websites and speaking to retailers, I cannot find where to buy them. Has anyone bought these speakers or know where to get them? Thanks

2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,167
    Hughes Direct is the only place I know of that has the Xarus 5000. If you buy them on Amazon, they are listed at £150 each; though you are still purchasing from Hughes. However, if you go to Hughes Direct website, they are £449.

Hughest Direct -

Wharfedale XARUS5000-BLACK from Hughes Direct

Amazon.UK -

Wharfedale XARUS5000-BLACK Xarus Floor Standing: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

These are the only instance of this speaker that I have found. You can search either site for other Xarus models.

If you search Google UK, you might find more at certain DJ websites. That's about all I can suggest.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  3. philmckibben

philmckibben
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I have searched now for a couple of days and cannot find the 1000,2000 etc. They are listed on the Wharefdale website so they exist, the only think I can think of is that the rest of the speakers aren't out yet.

4. tudj

tudj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Your best bet would to be phone up Wharfedale and ask them, they should know :p

5. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,167
    Yes, it wouldn't hurt to ask Wharfedale, and while you are asking them, inquire whether they are available for order. That is, in-stock at warehouses in the UK.

If so you could go to virtually any Wharfedale dealer and have them order the speakers.

BUT, once they are ordered, they are yours. I suspect no returns on a special order speakers.

Just a thought.

Steve/bluewizard