• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Wharfedale Vista 150 Soundbar.

Minty075

Novice Member
Hi,
Run into a bit of a problem with my soundbar.
Like a numpty, after unplugging it while cleaning, I accidentally plugged in the wrong power lead and smoked it.
I've had it apart and can see 3 blown components but I have no idea what they are due to the damage. And I'm unsure about any unseen damage.
Would anyone know where I can find a schematic for the circuit board?
Or, if someone has a Vista 150, be willing to identify the blown components from the pictures I've included?
Failing that it's going to be a case of trying to find a replacement circuit board?
Be a shame to have to just chuck it away.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20190304_230549.jpg
    IMG_20190304_230549.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20190304_230557.jpg
    IMG_20190304_230557.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 56

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Very unlikely you'll be able to source a circuit and/or replacement board for what is really a budget soundbar.
Even if you identified and replaced the components (looks like a couple of resistors and a transistor) chances are there's a short-circuit semiconductor in the area and they'll smoke again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom