1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wharfedale valdus 500 tweeter source

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by flyingmonk, Mar 9, 2005.

1. flyingmonk

flyingmonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, does anyne know where i can get a replacement tweeter for wharfedale valdus 500s from, other than wharfedale itself as they can not help. The shop where they are being fixxed said the tweeter slots in to the cover rather than being screwed in (didnt give me anymore info but i can find out if needed). any help on where i may be able to find a suitable replacement or ideas on the cost of a replacement would help aswell (as these only cost £200 5 years ago i dont really wanna spend too much) , it doesnt have to be the same tweeter either.

Thanks for any help

oh I dont know if i am allowed to do this , ill edit it out if so, but if any1 has the right tweeter they can put it in the classifieds for me and pm me :)

thanks

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I would remove the tweeter and look for any identification marks. The chances are Wharfdale bought the driver from someone else.

When you say it does not need to be the same tweeter, why is this

3. flyingmonk

flyingmonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi again, reason for not caring what tweeter i got is that id rather have a some kind of high pitch than nothing... but all is good. Managed to find a spare speaker from someone, so all is fixed thanks for ur help tho

4. Dogzyboy

Dogzyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ***Edit: Just read the date again!! This is 2006 isn't it!! Ooopps...***

Hi,

I recently got some replacement speaker terminals for my 500s, here are the details I used to get them. I believe IAG supply Wharfedale replacement parts etc.. Hopefully this isn't the same place you've already tried?

IAG Service Centre, Unit 4, St. Margaret's Way, Stukeley Meadows
    Industrial Estate, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 6EB.

Tel: +44(0)1480 452561
    Local Call Rate: 0845 4581122
    Fax: +44(0)1480 413403
    Email: (carol@iaguk.co.uk)

5. flyingmonk

flyingmonk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey altho I posted a long time ago, thanks for the help...

The guy I took my speakers to eventually found some after 3-4 weeks of lookin and now they are fixed :)

Unfortunately Ive moved back from uni and havent had a chance to paly with them since about a month after they wer fixed and have been sitting in my garage :S

doh!

hopefully Ill move out so i can use them again, but they are too good to sell :)

6. danielbb

danielbb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Strange, i needed a tweeter for valdus 400's, whafedale sold me one for £20 no problem. This was in 2004 ish