Wharfedale SW 250 in black - Where are they?

Gerry557

Established Member
Reaction score
Im after a Wharfedale SW 250 in black after getting some advice from this forum.

Thing is I can find any in stock

Where are they all hiding?

:confused:

Thanks g1ng3r

I have already spoke to them.........

:nono: nil stock

I have tried all those too

All nil stock

In fact Im being told they are discontinued

Boo Hoo just when I thought I got it sorted what I wanted.

:mad:

sorry I can't help any further mate :(

Only thing I can say is this:

XLS200-DFandFF

Probably the best sub i've heard for under the £350 mark :thumbsup:

the XLS200 seems to get a lot of good comments on here so it it has to be.

Thanks for your comments

:thumbsup:

Thanks Chris

It was Bristol that informed me that they can no longer get hold of the SW250.

They had some of the other colours but unfortunately I needed black or a light oak which thay dont make.

Maybe I should have tried some "paint and grain"

Opted for a BK sub instead

Discontinued.....the only stocks you'll get now will be those held by stores.

Like I said, the only stocks you'll find will be those HELD BY STORES. Wharfedale have none, and haven't done since my earlier post. Any retailers with those still left must be extremely quiet ones!

For that sort of money i'd buy an MK KX12 :)

:eek:

the XLS200 seems to get a lot of good comments on here so it it has to be.

Thanks for your comments

:thumbsup:

I would love to hear how you get on with the XLS200. I've got a similar budget to you to upgrade my SW150 which is dying.

I was thinking about the XLS200, although i saw some comment eariler from a guy who said he could hardly tell it was on during films.

I just spoke to Jim at avbristol and he has told me that they stock the SW250 / SW300 & SW380 and CAN order more from Wharfedale as they have taken these as an 'UK Exculusive Deal' so if you want any they are there :D

I was thinking about the XLS200, although i saw some comment eariler from a guy who said he could hardly tell it was on during films.
You shouldn't be able to hear a sub working - It should integrate with the speakers so big sounds just sound big. If you can distinguish it's presence from the rest of the system, it's set up badly or a fartbox contributing a lot of distorted waffle.

Good subs don't do this, so there is an initial period of getting used to the lack of quacks and farts you may have been suffering from from crap subs or typical speaker bass over the years. That tends to lead users to intially think something is missing which it is - distortion.

Russell

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom