Wharfedale Sub Issue

Googolplex

Hey guys, I bought a Wharfedale DX1-HCP 5.1 package for £100 off eBay, everything arrived in time and in great quality, the speakers are fine, but the subwoofer has to be ‘jump started’ essentially.

I flip the on off switch and nothing happens, or maybe the standby light comes on for a sec then goes off. If I leave the switch on and unplug the power cord and put it back in it usually comes on then stays on. But annoying though as I don’t want to do that every time, lol.

I’ve replaced the fuse in the back of the sub, same issue. Any thoughts on what it could be?

- Googolplex

password1

Im not familiar with that sub. Is there an option/switch to turn on/off the auto standby feature?

Is there a sensitivity control to set the auto standby? if so turn it up/switch to higher settting.

Dolus

Hey guys, I bought a Wharfedale DX1-HCP 5.1 package for £100 off eBay, everything arrived in time and in great quality, the speakers are fine, but the subwoofer has to be ‘jump started’ essentially.

I flip the on off switch and nothing happens, or maybe the standby light comes on for a sec then goes off. If I leave the switch on and unplug the power cord and put it back in it usually comes on then stays on. But annoying though as I don’t want to do that every time, lol.

I’ve replaced the fuse in the back of the sub, same issue. Any thoughts on what it could be?

- Googolplex
You might have a dodgy ON/OFF switch. I had that problem with a sub and leaving the switch in the ON position and and switching the the sub ON/OFF at the wall socket was the workaround I used until I had the switch replaced.

If you cannot switch the sub off at the wall because of other things plugged in then an extension lead with switched sockets would work. That is what I used for both subs even after the switch was replaced. My rationale was that the switch cost £46 to be replaced and the extension lead was £8 from Asda :)

Googolplex

Thanks for the help guys. It seems to be an internal issue beyond the switch, but I’ll keep investigating 👍🏻

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom