Wharfedale speakers not available in the UK

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by loadsofleads, Feb 28, 2005.

1. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been sitting with my thumb up my ass for months waiting for the top of the range Diamond 9's to come out in this country, the Diamond 9.3, 9.6, 9.CM respectivly. I have now been informed that they are not available in the UK even though they are on the UK Wharfedale website, the other models in the diamond 9 range have been out for months but it seems we are not good enough for the above mentioned speakers. Can anybody shed more light on this debacle ?

:mad:

2. NMyTree

NMyTree

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wharfedale (IAG) makes some very......shall we say "interesting" choices on how they distribute their products. What models...what finishes..and so forth.

I've been hoping for the Quad L-Series 22L in standard Maple finish, but apparently it will never ...ever be available in the United States :mad: :(

3. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, they need to be bitch slapped. I think I'll contact Wharfedale and point a few strong words their way :rolleyes:

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,996
    There is also the variable on what their dealers decide to order as a group. The less than stellar performance of the floorstanders they have released may have something to do with this as well.

5. wiper

wiper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Taffyboyo,
    It is interesting to know that there are some models of Diamond 9 series not available in Uk. They are from UK! I audited 9.6 with Yammy v1500 last Satuday in Hong Kong. All I can say is that it was much better than Evo 30 as I could hear more details which 30 didn't or intended to give (the difference was quite obvious). And the bass was strong and tight as a result of using 8" woofer. Treble and mid were great but not 'wow'.I was fascinated by the shape and body material of Eov30,40 for a long time,but now I give a pass of that and change my mind to 9.6. Another thing is that Evo 30 and 40 can't give you sufficient bass especially when using 'PURE' mode. The downside of 9.6 is that it is made in China! I think I am going to buy them anyway because 8" woofer is not often available in the market.

Regards
    Wiper

6. jcpcarey

jcpcarey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of any Wharfedale dealerships in Tokyo, japan ?