1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wharfedale screen 4 vs screen 3

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by warrior99, Oct 11, 2003.

1. warrior99

warrior99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently found a web site doing the wharfedale screen 3 package for £199.99 and am very tempted to get this package.

I have listened to the 8.3s and am very happy with them but I was wondering whether to get the screen 4 package thinking the larger front speakers would give me a more enjoyable movie experience.
    I have not and have no way of trialing the 8.4s so any help and insight from anyone who has heard them both would be appreciated. The cheapest I can get the screen 4 package for is £349.73.
    My question is is the 8.4s £150 better than the 8.3s especially as I plan to add the wharfedale powercube 12a sub to the system.

2. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i can't comment on the wharfedale speakers as i have never heard them.but what i can say is
    when i was getting my speakers i did not know if i sould get to Mordaunt short 906's or the ms 908's with the extra size and bass cone.
    I figured that due to the fact that i would be using them with a decent sub that it would not matter and that i should save some cash and go with the 906's
    well i tested both speakers and ended up skint.
    subs are great but there is nothing like having really powerfull front sound stage.
    go for the extra grunt. but make sure its contoled grunt
    nothing worse than sloppy base.

3. warrior99

warrior99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice