Wharfedale RS10 - my thoughts

koti

I spent a whole day today driving around different hifi stores here in Warsaw looking for a 5.1 system for my Yamaha 757 and my wall mounted Panasonic PWD8 plasma. Ive listened to 6 different setups today, was looking to get a demo on the KEF 2005.2 but nobody had it. First I went to a audiophile store and listened to a pair of 5K pounds stereo speakers on some weird amps just to get a reference of what good sound should sound like. Dont even remember the brand. My jaw went down and Ive asked them to hook up a pair of KEF 5005 + sub which sounded awfull after those freeky expencive speakers (obviously) Went to another store, then another, listened to some crapy sounding setups. Lastely I went to a shoping mall and came across a Bose store...Had a quick listen of a 5.1 setup from them and almost thru up.
Then another store in the same shoping mall...they had the Wharfedale RS10 on display which look exactly how I want my setup to look: http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/range.php?range_id=23
I thought to myself, no way...they have to sound terrible like the rest of the 5.1 setups. Gave them a listen anyway...
They hooked up just the front + Sub. I was stunned...the sound was absolutely mad ! I mean I got a glimpse of the 5K speakers from the morning on these little thingies...it was incredible ! I may have been tired or the room was specificaly good for them but I was absolutely stunned. Since I am no hifi freek and Ive only spent one day listening to speakers I wonder if any of You have anything to say about these RS10 speakers or shall I just go and buy them? They were around 900 pounds but that was a shoping mall store so I bet I can find them cheaper. What do You guys think ?

koti

Can You guys post your thoughts on these Wharfedale RS10 speakers? I wonder if anyone had an experinece with them...

koti

koti said:
Can You guys post your thoughts on these Wharfedale RS10 speakers? I wonder if anyone had an experinece with them...

Wow...thanks for so much input everyone :p

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
aye, me neither, sorry....

. o 0 (i'm just here stalking clarky....lol)

koti

Well as I wrote above I did demo them here in Warsaw the day before yesterday and I was in for a realy possitive surprise...I just wanted to hear some other opinions since I couldnt compare them to anything in that store...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom